A partition is basically the fragmentation of physical disk of computer into various logical disks which is generally done using separate drive letters like c:, d:, etc. These partitions are also known as Volumes. The partitions are also of two types such as Primary Partition and Logical Drive. One may end up losing data from the system under common data loss scenarios. Let us know about the circumstances when we can lose our data under corrupted partition cases. Suppose one is using Windows XP and the user wants to recover partition after reinstalling Windows XP operating system as after booting process ,the system was unable to restore partitions. The other issue could be of corrupted partition and one may need to recover corrupted partitions.
However, partition table can become corrupt for various reasons which may be following:
- The case could be that the partition drive has just disappeared. Disk Manager may exhibit either unallocated space or something weird where the volume(s) is expected to be.
- System generating messages like “Bad or missing partition table”, “Error loading operating system”, or showing black/blue screen without any messages at all that may be due to BIOS setting or SCSI termination.
- The storage capacity (calculated by summing up all volume and free space area sizes) may exceed the capacity of the physical disk due to free space which is not created by the user. This may lead to overwriting of files present on logical partition drives.
- In rare circumstances Windows blue screen STOP: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE is caused by the damaged partition table, these errors could be due to RAID drivers and/or BIOS/cabling issues.
Some key features of the recovery software: Here the features of recovery software, about which we are discussing, are mentioned below for quick review.
- The software is able to make a quick search of entire hard disk for finding lost/missing partitions to select and retrieve data from it.
- Capable of recovering data even after formatting the partition to another file system.
- Partition(s) deleted/lost while re-partitioning a hard drive (i.e. re-sizing, removing or adding a partition to the hard drive) can be recovered using this software.
- Retrieves data from partition getting corrupt due to partition creation process using native Windows Disk Management tool or with any third party partitioning tool.
If one finds that the above discussed cases are one of the probable reasons for data loss under issues related to corrupted partitions recovery then good recovery software is recommended to use. Remo Recover (Windows)-Pro Edition is one such recovery software to use under corrupted partition recovery which is very fast and efficient. The file recovery software can undelete data from corrupted partitions, emptied recycle bin etc. This software provides recovery of files from both NTFS and FAT file systems. It supports all versions of Windows operating System like Windows 2003, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and also recovers data from FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5, ExFAT partitions / drives. Just download the free trial version of the software to recover corrupted partitions.